[Samba] Roaming Profiles Configuration

Ryan Leimenstoll ryanl1245 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 10:21:51 MDT 2011

Hello all! I am new to the mailing lists, as well as Samba. I was looking
for an Active Directory alternative for linux, and finally landed on Samba4.
My installation is alpha12, installed via apt on Ubuntu 10.10. I am trying
to create roaming profiles, however, if "path = /UserData" then the profiles
are viewable from every user account by simple accessing "
example.samdom.com/profiles" My next thought (given research I saw on
Samba3) was to set it to "path = /UserData/%U", however then clients cannot
connect to the profiles share at all. I am trying to have the user's data
only available through his account without creating a  new share for every
single user manually. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Ryan