[Samba] Multiple Domain and multiple subnet

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Fri Mar 25 05:39:24 MDT 2011

From: Daniel_Müller <mueller at tropenklinik.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:56:18 +0100

> So you have 2 wins server each for a subnet.
> So there is:
> remote browse sync = 'THENAMEOFTHEOTHERPDC'

As far as I examined, to use "remote browse sync", both server must be
a domain master, a WINS server and must belong to same workgroup
because Master Announcement packet is used to sync.

In his environment, these 2 domains are set at different workgroup
name, so "remote browse sync" will not work. The description in
smb.conf(5) is not enough, I think.

> remote announce = 'Remote_network_address'/'Remote_Domain_Name'

This does not solve the issue. "remote announce" annouces Samba server
itself only.

> Your wondows client should have netbios over tcp enabled and the wins.
> Or try samba4wins in replication.

I think, it's only idea to solve.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>