[Samba] Samba authentication problem

Xamindar junkxamindar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:44:51 MDT 2011

On 03/24/2011 03:33 PM, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Share level security doesn't automatically mean no password.
> Either use the password for user xamindar, or add
Like I stated in the first post, it is not accepting the password for
"xamindar". It spits back that it is wrong and in the logs I see
"create_connection_server_info failed: NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD". The
password is correct. It works fine with security set to user. I have
tested with the mount command in linux and with a Vista machine, neither
are able to connect.

> "map to guest = Bad Password"

When this is set it will ALWAYS connect as guest because it is not
accepting any valid passwords.

> in the [global] section of your smb.conf. See the
> smb.conf man page for details.
Thanks for the recommendations.

> Jeremy.
Am I missing something vital when security is set to share?