[Samba] Samba authentication problem

Xamindar junkxamindar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:14:54 MDT 2011

In further testing, changing security to user gets authentication
working. Does anyone know why the Samba team removed the possibility to
authenticate with share based security? I would find it very usefull to
be able to see the shares and then authenticate when connecting to one.
Also, the help file (from swat) needs to be correctede to reflect this.
The sections on security in the help file still states "Instead, the
clients send authentication information (passwords) on a per-share
basis, at the time they attempt to connect to that share" which
apparently no longer works.