[Samba] Can't join Windows 7 Pro/XP to samba PDC

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 08:41:53 MDT 2011

Did you try manually creating a unix "user" account for the samba
machine?  Does "getent passwd" show that machine?

I don't have samba configured to automatically create unix user accounts
or allocate ids in winbind, so I need to manually create unix accounts
for users or machines.  The "ldap machine suffix" in my setup has to be
pointed to the same container as user accounts (or a sub OU of the user
accounts.)  I also use ldap for my "unix" (non-samba) accounts-  ssh,
nfs, linux clients etc,  and I initially started with samba 3.0.x , so
my setup decisions may be different from yours.