[Samba] Upgrading system on file server

Bayardo Rivas - Open Soluciones bayardo.rivas at opensoluciones.com
Tue Mar 22 12:49:20 MDT 2011

Ok, finally on the weekend I upgraded the system without big issues.
When the system was upgraded it was serving all services, including
Samba and authentication.

First of all... everything was backed up... twice, diferent medias.

Two situations after upgrade:

1. Every user had to reset password in first login authentication to domain.

2. Once the password was reset, unexpected, the system notified users
that password had expired. With the command

# pdbedit -P "maximum password age"

I saw that it had the  "180" value (seconds), so I had to change this
policy with the command:

# pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C -1

Wich means, never expire the password. I need this policy this way.

Well.. good luck to any body who need to work with this.

Thank you for your advices.

Bayardo.