[Samba] Sporadic Logon Issues from Windows 2003

Tony Sullivan tony at exquisiteimages.com
Tue Mar 22 12:13:11 MDT 2011

I have a Samba server (3.0.37) acting as a domain controller for several
computers running Linux, Windows XP, Windows 7, and just recently a Windows
2003 server that replaced a Windows NT server.

A couple times a day, the Windows 2003 server generates an error like the
one below for everyone that attempts to connect to it. Throughout the rest
of the day, there is no issue at all, but several times it will just refuse
connections.
Event Type:	Failure Audit
Event Source:	Security
Event Category:	Logon/Logoff