[Samba] How to Create Local Administrator Account?

Jon Hazen jhvendormail at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 12:59:31 MDT 2011

I feel like I'm missing something that must be obvious to everyone else.

My Samba server is integrated into AD, but I can't create local groups.

Following the sequence below results in Access Denied.

Start -> Right Click My Computer -> Manage -> Action -> Connection to Another
Computer -> FQDN -> Ok -> System Tools -> Local Users and Groups ->  Right Click
Group -> New Group... -> Group Name -> Create

The Samba logs indicate that, of course, my ordinary Windows domain account
isn't allowed to create local groups on my Samba server.

So:

a) How do I create a local Administrator account?
a) How do I create a local Administrators group?
b) How do I add my ordinary Windows domain account to the local Administrators
group?