[Samba] wbinfo --> Could not remove gid to sid mapping

Andrew Masterson Andrew.Masterson at nuvistaenergy.com
Mon Mar 21 10:59:32 MDT 2011

[mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org]
> On Behalf Of markus hansen
> Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:39 AM
> To: Bob Miller
> Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
> Subject: Re: [Samba] wbinfo --> Could not remove gid to sid mapping
>
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>
> > > wbinfo --set-gid-mapping=<guid of interest>,<correct sid>
> > > returns: "<guid of interest>"
> > >

> > > any chance to fix this?
> >
> > Maybe, using the net command.  I believe you would be able to use
`net
> > groupmap` to modify the relation, and there are other net commands
that
> > can probably put this straight.  If I ever finish wrapping my head
> > around the net command, I will tell you more ;)
> >

> I tried the "net groupmap" command, but it doesnt touch this mapping.
Using the "net
> groupmap delete" command only seems to affect the output "net groupmap
list" is
> listing.
>
> I can have the correct maping in "net groupmap list" - but wbinfo
still returns the
> wrong mapping, and the mapping wbinfo returns seems to be the one
samba actualle
> uses ...
>
> best regards
>
> Henrik
> --

If you don't have any custom mappings set, delete /var/lib/samba/* files
and restart samba to clear all caches. (back them up first of course)

Otherwise you will have to find the specific tdb file that has the info
in it (it changes and is mostly undocumented so I have trouble keeping
up with what is stored where anymore)

-=Andrew