[Samba] Samba4 - WinXP rpc server unavailable
zoltan.kiss at serverside.hu
Mon Mar 21 04:07:59 MDT 2011
I have a test environment with Samba4 on Ubuntu 11.04 (alpha15 package),
and a little problem around the joining to the domain from my WinXP SP3
I followed the official Samba4 Howto, then my configuration steps was these:
- Install smb4 from ubuntu package
- setup provisioning, created a testdom.mycorp.local
- setup bind9 with gssapi (everything working fine)
- test authentication with kinit and klist
- test cldap server with phpmyadmin (worked fine)
Then if i try to join from a Windows XP SP3 machine i got 'RPC server
unavailable' error message. If i try with wrong user/pass then the
correct error message appears - 'incorrect user etc.etc.'.
I have already disabled the Windows firewall, the Ubuntu box firewall
and the Apparmor in Ubuntu, so i don't have any security app that
prevents any communication (i think).
Samba log files are not showing any errors or warnings on 'log level =
5', but it's not working.
Thanks for any help!
More information about the samba