[Samba] Samba PDC adding new user, profile dir is not created

J. Echter j.echter at elektro-mayer-echter.de
Wed Mar 16 04:09:59 MDT 2011

Hi,

i have a Samba PDC (no LDAP) and added add user script to my config.

I can create the user with no problems, login is possible but the
/home/samba/profile/user dir is not created.

Any hints on that?

script commands i added:

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -m '%u' -g ntusers -G ntusers -s
/bin/false
delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r '%u'
add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd '%g'
delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel '%g'
add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G '%g' '%u'
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false -d /var/lib/nobody
'%u' -g machines

this is running on Ubuntu 10.04-LTS server

greetings

Juergen.