[Samba] Restrict file types to be saved in a samba server

Bayardo Rivas - Open Soluciones bayardo.rivas at opensoluciones.com
Sat Mar 12 07:58:01 MST 2011

El 12/03/2011 02:24 a.m., Christ Schlacta escribió:
> I don't know if there's a samba facility for this, but I know that you
> can accomplish an effective facsimile of this using a cronjob that
> deletes any of the specified types.
>
> On 3/11/2011 19:33, Bayardo Rivas - Open Soluciones wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Samba server, it's main goal is to store documents of all
>> users of the network. Certain users abuses and save mp3, mov, jpg,
>> gif and other files that must be saved in other file server, so I
>> need to restrict the those type files and allow my users save only
>> office files like .doc, .docx, .xls, .ppt, .pdf
>>
>> thanks for your help.
>>
>> Bayardo.

The problem with cron jobs is that it allow users to save and the shared
will be cleaned until the cron run.... so, my special users sometimes
save large videos or mp3 files that take a lot of space on the file
server disk. I mean, its ok to clean, but I am looking for a way to
denied saving media files (mp3, mov, avi, etc) in the server.

Bayardo.