[Samba] Help with ADS authentication and Samba

Geoff Winkless samba at geoff.dj
Fri Mar 11 09:59:16 MST 2011

Well I changed the server name and it resolved my problem, so I'm
guessing something was left over from the old install. No idea where
though, anyone any clue?

On 11 March 2011 16:47, Brian O'Mahony <brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com> wrote:
> I only installed this server with Base RHEL5.5 last week, got samba working on Monday with ADS.
> By today (probably yesterday or wed) it was now popping up the login box.
>
> When you change the name, what is entailed?
> Change the name in RHEL.
> Change the name in DNS (windows server)
> Rejoin the ads network using net ads join -U

Sounds about it. I ran net ads leave first, then changed samba and
/etc/hosts and reran kinit too before rejoining, I dunno if that's
required.

> Thanks for the help so far.

Not sure how much help I'm being, it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Did you try the testparm thing?

Geoff