[Samba] getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is notconnected (3.0.37)

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 20:30:20 MST 2011

I find I have to have both ports open-  then again my main samba servers are
configured as DC's.   I don't know about member servers, but DC file server
are using SMB-over-NetBIOS-over-IP  (NT4 style) -   I don't think they can
support pure SMB-over-TCP/IP.  I had tried setting to 139 only-  I think
some XP and Win 7 clients make an initial connection to port 445 then get

If I disabled Netbios on the XP clients, they can't connect to a samba DC.