[Samba] is possible change the PDC IP address without damage the domain?

kazabe kazabe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 14:07:31 MST 2011

Hi.

I have a virtualized PDC, and now i need asign a dedicated server to that
service.

The problem is:  the IP on the virtualized server dont use the same range of
the local network.  To add the new PDC server, we need use an IP on the same
local network, but i dont know how can affect that the existent domain.

Actual PDC IP. 10.0.0.2

Local Network : 192.168.12.0/24.  access to the domain server using the GW
192.168.12.2

now i need assign to the new PDC server the IP 192.168.12.10, but continue
using the same domain.  Is that possible?

thanks and regards.