[Samba] Default Keyboard Layout changed to english.

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 05:16:22 MST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Kalev Riivik <kalevr at iisaku.edu.ee> wrote:
> Hi,
> second week and still not a single response.... I would really appriciate
> it, if someone would actually answer (even to ask for more info or suggest
> something at least).
>
> PS: Since i didn't do anything to windows machines it has to be samba (or
> linux) related. It goes even that far, that users can't run some adobe apps
> (Soundbooth, Elements Premiere) while logged in with roaming profiles (it
> was ok before).

the keyboard layout is a client setting, so I find it very hard to
believe that whatever happened to your samba pdc has made that change.

Apparently it is saved in the xp hosts in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\

You could set a user manually the way it should be, take a look in
that key and export the values. Then with a login script import them
to the other users.

It most certainly is not a samba problem, though.

--
natxo

PS: nowadays, with free (as in free beer) virtualization techniques,
not having a test environment does not have any excuse. You should
have tested the upgrade before running it in your production
environment. Not doing is your fault, not ours. Do not pretend this is
samba's fault when it really is a question of bad planning and
implementation on your part. If you had read the changelogs, (yes,
those pesky things you should read before upgrading anything), you
should have seen what had happened to smbpasswd and pdbedit. Tip: the
info in a debian system is in /usr/share/doc/samba/NEWS.Debian.gz