[Samba] Winbind & user ID's on multiple servers

Mike Auleta michael_auleta at condenast.com
Wed Mar 9 12:13:07 MST 2011

We're looking at setting up Linux Authentication to our AD servers using
winbind and need to know if there is a way to keep all the user IDs in
sync across the Linux servers.  The way I see it now, the user ID is
assigned numerically depending on the order users log in to a server.
Could make for issues if NFS mounted directories are involved.

Thanks -

Mike

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the person(s)
or company named and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of
this information may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please delete this message and notify the
sender.