[Samba] group mapping question

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Tue Mar 8 16:10:09 MST 2011

From: "markus hansen" <hansenmarkus at gmx.de>
Subject: [Samba] group mapping question
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 15:48:46 +0100

> I recently posted about problems i am having with deleting files belonging to members of the same unix group (as the mapped AD user that wants to delete the file via samba). I now figured out, that one possible solution is to map that unix Group to an AD group (while creating the AD group and adding users to it first).
>
> Question: Is local group membership (on the samba server) of the
> mapped AD user irrelevant in that case?

If you enable Winbind, local UNIX group membership will be ignored.

(Is the membership to domain groups the only group information that counts here?)

You can create "local group" of Windows semantics with "net sam
createlocalgroup" or "net groupmap add ... type=local", but it's not
local UNIX group.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>