[Samba] Debian Lenny 5.04 and DMS in Windows 2000 Native Domain +Forest with Samba 3.2.5

Alexander Stein ajs67 at georgetown.edu
Fri Mar 4 06:09:29 MST 2011

tms3 at tms3.com wrote:
> It's quite unclear what you are trying to accomplish. What are your
> goals/purposes with this VM?

The goal is quite simple: I want to mount the shares on this fileserver
so I get to modify files, download from, and upload to said shares.
Essentially, I just want to know if joining the domain is necessary for
the smbmount command I mentioned.

> smbmount //fileserver.domain.forest.university.tld/PubShare0 /mnt/fileserver/pubshare0/ --verbose -o domain=DOMAIN.FOREST.UNIVERSITY.TLD,user=my_ad_account

Mmount.smbfs, or mount.cifs (I can reproduce the same error with all three).