[Samba] root preexec script run multiple times

mourik jan heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Thu Mar 3 08:17:02 MST 2011

Hi all,

In a normal situation, should I expect a [global] root preexec script to
be run only ONCE per user logon?

I have set some logging in my root preexec script, and have noticed that
usually it will be run only once on the share IPC$.
However, SOMETIMES I also see it executed on different (existing) share
names, or two/three/four times in a row on the same IPC$ share. (with
only a few seconds in between)

Running multiple copies of the same script messes up my script. :-(

So: I this normal behaviour..?

This is on suse 9 enterprise, samba version 3.0.26a.