[Samba] Configure rid for computer account

Moisés Barba Pérez mbarperoi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 01:14:42 MST 2011

Hello:

   I have a samba PDC with LDAP, samba 3.0.33 and 389DS 1.2.5, and I adding
computer accounts with a rid that I don't understand why samba creates like
that.

   The users acounts have a rid = (2 * userid) + 1000, and groups accounts
have rid = (2 * groupid) + 1001. The computers accounts have a different
rid, Isn't a computer accout the same as an user account? my question is how
samba generates the rid for the computer account and If I can use the old
style of rid generation for computers accounts.

Regards,

Moises