[Samba] Oplocks & offline files & win 7

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:59:17 MDT 2011

On 06/27/2011 08:18 AM, Martin Hochreiter wrote:
> Am 2011-06-27 14:02, schrieb Ander Punnar:
>> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 14:22, Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox at wavenet.at
>> <mailto:linuxbox at wavenet.at>> wrote:
>>
>>     We experience problems with offline files - especially with xls or
>>     xlsx files - between samba 3.5.9 and win 7
>>

>> Disable offline files in Windows 7 group policies.
>>
>> --
>> Sent from my PC.
>>
> mhmm ... we want to use that shares offline, if I disable them in the
> group policies then the sync would not
> be working any more or has this an other effect?
>
> regards

Is your samba server a DC or a member server?

Our server is a DC (Samba 3.5.8 on Solaris 10.)   If we enable offline
files on a Windows 7 laptop, cached credentials are broken and users
cannot login offline at all.      I think Windows XP is OK.  It looks
something changes with Windows Vista.    I don't know what is going
wrong, but I suspect there is the same underlying cause as your problem.