[Samba] Code? or Test Pattern?

Fri Jun 24 03:00:21 MDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 05:39:43PM +0900, Kenji Ichinoseki wrote:
> Thank you for the response.
>
> I would like to investigate and correct various source codes.

The way to do this is to run smbtorture against Windows
latest server edition to make sure that smbtorture succeeds.
Then adapt the Samba server side to the behaviour smbtorture
expects.

Again, I would highly recommend using a much later version
of Samba than 3.0.37. Many, many fixes have been made, in
particular for compatibility to more modern Windows
releases.

Best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9