[Samba] Machines randomly kicks out of the domain

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 05:15:10 MDT 2011

> Sorry to ask here, but all googeling doesn't helped. We have several samba domains (samba 3.5.6) with ldap backed and windows 7 clients, which worked fine so far. Know we begin to see that random machines begin to kick out of the domain with the error:

I have seen this happen if the user is not logged on when the machine
password is changed the password will change on the client but the
samba PDC does not get the change. Remember the machine password
changes every 30 days by default. To fix this disable the client from
changing its machine password.

http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Windows-7-machine-trust-accounts-expiring-td2456812.html

John