[Samba] Windows XP suddenly loses access to servers

Alex alex at ourwoods.org
Fri Jun 17 14:18:58 MDT 2011

Alex said the following on 06/17/2011 03:31 PM:

> No WinXP updates had been installed that I know of and none on Linux,
> either.

Ok.  I spoke too soon.  I just found out that on Thursday morning at 3am
my WinXP desktops downloaded and installed  "Software Distribution
Service 3.0" from Microsoft.  That broke the connectivity.  As soon as I
restored WinXP to the day before that update,  all was well again.

Sorry for jumping to the list before completing a thorough investigation
at my site.

Thanks for your offers of help,
Alex

--