[Samba] BDC and ldap set-up problem

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:31:02 MDT 2011

Hi,

On 15 June 2011 18:56, Gaiseric Vandal <gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the BDC, does "pdbedit -L" show you all your domain users?
> On the BDC, does "getent passwd" show you all your users?

The output from pdbedit shows all the domain users but getent passwd
only shows the user in passwd.

> I use ldap for both samba and unix backends, so "pbedit -Lv" and "getent
> passwd" show me the same output for my domain users and local unix users.
>  I don't need to use winbind/idmap to keep unix uid's and gid's consistent.

I installed winbind but have turn if off.

> On the BDC, did you ever join the domain?  ("net join....")

Yes, several times.

Do you have any ideas why the `getent` isn't working? The
nsswitch.conf is below.
Thanks,
Dermot

passwd:     ldap files
group:      ldap files
shadow:     files

#hosts:     db files nisplus nis dns
hosts:      files dns

bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

ethers:     files
netmasks:   files
networks:   files
protocols:  files