[Samba] R: quite dramatic and sudden problem...

Alessandro Tinivelli alessandro.tinivelli at monrif.net
Wed Jun 15 03:38:21 MDT 2011

>Da: Volker Lendecke [mailto:Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE]

>Any panic messages from smbd in /var/log/messages of /var/log/samba/ ?

In messages i got these messages:

rpc_api_pipe: Remote machine BSDOM02.pol.dom pipe \NETLOGON fnum
0x4002returned critical error. Error was NT_STATUS_PIPE_DISCONNECTED

BSDOM02 is one of the new 2k8 domain controller.
As you've said, my version of samba is not compatible with 2k8
controllers

Now I've put security to share and \\10.101.40.3 works again.

Thanks so much for your help

Alessandro