[Samba] winbindd problems

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 15 03:08:56 MDT 2011

Hi,

I am having problems with winbindd on a BDC but I am not sure where
the problem lies.

If I run `winbindd -n -i` on the BDC and watch the output from pdbdeit
-Lv I see:

winbindd version 3.5.4-0.70.el5_6.1 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2010
initialize_winbindd_cache: clearing cache and re-creating with version number 1
Could not init passdb idmap domain
ldap_initialize: Bad parameter to an ldap routine
Connection to LDAP server failed for the 1 try!
ldap_initialize: Bad parameter to an ldap routine
Connection to LDAP server failed for the 15 try!
ldap_initialize: Bad parameter to an ldap routine

I get a similar error if I restart the smb service:

ldap_initialize: Bad parameter to an ldap routine
Connection to LDAP server failed for the 1 try!
ldap_initialize: Bad parameter to an ldap routine
Connection to LDAP server failed for the 2 try!
Connection to LDAP server failed for the 15 try!
ldap_initialize: Bad parameter to an ldap routine
idmap_alloc module ldap already registered!
idmap_alloc module tdb already registered!
Idmap module passdb already registered!
Idmap module nss already registered!
ldap_initialize: Bad parameter to an ldap routine
Connection to LDAP server failed for the 1 try!

Can anyone offer any pointers as to what the problem might be or where
a means that might help me track it down?
Thanks,
Dermot.