[Samba] Home Directory Issue

Jenkins, Mack mack.jenkins at eas.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 13 12:28:59 MDT 2011

I hope all is well with everyone.  I've got sometime a little strange going on.

I'm running RHEL 6 and SMB Version 3.5.6-86.el6.  I am using Samba so that my Windows users can mount a home directory share to their Windows machine, with my Linux/Samba server and the storage point, and their account is validated against out campus AD servers.

The issue I am having is that the share fails to connect if the home directory does not exist.  I can ssh to the box and the home directory is created on the fly if it does not exist, but not when the samba share is attempting to connect.

It almost seems as if the pam_mkhomedir module is not being called.  Any suggestions?

--
Mack J. Jenkins, II
404-385-1591
mack.jenkins at eas.gatech.edu