[Samba] known incompatibility with msdfs and vfs full_audit combination?

mourik jan heupink heupink at merit.unu.edu
Sat Jun 11 06:15:13 MDT 2011

Thanks for the quick response.

> It is supposed to work. It's probably to do with
> a bad interaction between the faked up connection
> struct inside the msdfs code and the vfs object.
>
> Can you reproduce with either 3.5.8 or 3.6.0rc2 ?
Testing with 3.5.8 would require me to use the backports repository. And
I don't mind that, but since this is my production server I would like
to know that this is stable...

So, any people around running samba 3.5.8 on debian x64 from backports?
Should it just work, or should I expect glitches..?

Or is there another way to easily upgrade my samba to 3.5.8?

MJ