[Samba] Braindead Autoreply filters... WAS Re: samba Digest, Vol 102, Issue 8

David Magda dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca
Fri Jun 10 15:07:44 MDT 2011

On Thu, June 9, 2011 09:46, Charles Marcus wrote:
> It would be nice if one of the list moms would immediately unsubscribe
> AND PERMANENTLY BAN idiots who use braindead autoreply filters.
>
> This should be official list policy for ALL email lists...

Except some people don't have a choice in what mail server they can use.
They're punished because someone in their IT department made a decision
which they had no input in?

(This is also why I have lists always go to my personal address, which has
ended changing a lot less often than my work address.)

Incidentally, RFC 3834 ("Recommendations for Automatic Responses to
Electronic Mail") has some really good stuff. Hopefully it will be
implemented more.