[Samba] Shutdown hangs since setting up Samba

beweta at gmx.com beweta at gmx.com
Fri Jun 10 09:41:40 MDT 2011

Am 04.06.2011 16:40, schrieb Harry Jede:
> On 16:30:33 wrote beweta at gmx.com:

>>> I have seen these before.
>>
>> OK, I'm not the only one.
>>
>>> as I recall, it's trying to mount before the network comes fully
>>> up, and downing the network before unmounting the cifs.
>>
>> I have the same suspicion, but don't know how to fix it.
>>
>>> I do not recall the solution, and I don't use cifs in fstab anymore.
>>
>> What are you using instead of CIFS?
> Use the pam mount helper. They run, when a user is logging in.
>
> man pam_mount
> man pam_mount.conf

I followed this step-by-step guide [1], but it doesn't work.

The error messages in /var/log/auth.log look quite familiar to me:

pam_mount(mount.c:72): mount error(101): Network is unreachable
pam_mount(mount.c:72): Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man
mount.cifs)
pam_mount(pam_mount.c:521): mount of ben failed

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MountWindowsSharesPermanently

Best Regards,
Benedikt