[Samba] [printer]

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 13:40:13 MDT 2011

By default, XP does cache domain logins and passwords.  So I can see
that if you have disabled that, then it would be effectively impossible
for a domain user to use the machine  offline-  which should really only
be an issue for laptop users.

I don't use roaming profiles-  they caused more problems then they
solved in our environment.

I didn't go for the "map user = bad password" option since it means that
a valid user who messes up the password might not realize it right way
and think he or she was connected to a share with full permissions.  I
would rather make sure he or she gets the fully authorized connection.