[Samba] DFS root only works for more recent Windows clients

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Thu Jun 9 09:41:24 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 10:47:26AM -0400, John Drescher wrote:
> > There may be some difference between our set-up (LDAP-backed Samba 3.x
> > domain) and yours,
>
> I am using a samba ldap domain.

I wonder what is different about our configurations that makes the
difference.  I wonder, could you send me a copy of the samba
configuration from the host you are using for a DFS root?  I can try
working through the differences.  Also, can you tell me if you're using
a regular member server or a PDC/BDC for your DFS root?

--
Bruce

Get thee behind me, Stan: for it is written, thou hast gotten me into
another fine mess.  -- Oliver 4:8