[Samba] [printer]

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 08:55:23 MDT 2011

Hi,
Thanks for helping me out.
> Why are users using non-domain accounts?
Answer : We provided 2 options 2 end users. One they can have domain
accounts if they want to use store data for long term and want to
access it remotely. Second, they can use local account where the data
gets deleted after each logoff(locked account using steady state).
Some users wish to use that local account and don't have domain
account. They see printer ready but it doesn't print for them.

Just want to provide extra information about guest account,

testparm -s -v | grep "guest account"
rlimit_max: rlimit_max (1024) below minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Global parameter logon script found in service section!
Processing section "[Profiles]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Global parameter guest account found in service section!
Global parameter null passwords found in service section!
Processing section "[print$]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC
	guest account = nobody

Does this mean it is already mapped to nobody, if it is then do I
still need to create a new account and replace nobody with that?

If you can help me a little more I think I will have it working :)

Thanks,
~A