[Samba] Join W2008 R2 64bit to samba 3.5.8

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Wed Jun 8 10:04:50 MDT 2011

From: Daniel_Müller <mueller at tropenklinik.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 10:34:40 +0200

> For true I set this in my registry and nothing else:
>
> > HKLM\System\CCS\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
> > DWORD DomainCompatibilityMode = 1
> > DWORD DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0

OK

> The only difference I mentioned further is :HyperV is running on the w2008
> machine  along with several nics.

Can this server resolve DOMAINNAME#1B and DOMAINNAME#1C?
How do you configure NetBIOS name resolution?

To join Samba domain, you have to resolve these NetBIOS name.
Multiple NICs often makes trouble around NetBIOS name resolution.
Use WINS server correctly or set LMHOSTS file correctly and try again.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>