[Samba] On Samba4

titantoppler at gmail.com titantoppler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 03:04:12 MDT 2011

Hi,

I'm running Samba4 alpha 12 as the only DC and file server on my local
network.

It is working well. After the initial setup, everything can be managed from
a Windows workstation.

Functions I've tried so far:
- Group policy objects
- Adding / removing users
- Roaming profiles
- DNS updates

Essentially the main functions you would expect from a Win 2k3 server will
be there. It's been almost 10 months since I installed it, and it's been
smooth sailing so far.

Some features have been added / tweaked with the latest alpha 14, but I have
not kept up to date.