[Samba] getent passwd does not list trusted users

timothy mcdaniel timnboys at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:28:03 MDT 2011

I have been looking at
http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Trusted-domain-users-unwantedly-mapping-onto-local-domain-users-td3005928.html
and I think that if you add this in your nsswitch.conf like it says in the
website above:
if you already have the passwd: files ldap and group: files ldap in your
nsswitch.conf then just add winbind to the end of the lines of the passwd
and group lines. just like it is shown below: If you need any more help just
email me back, and I will try to help you.

*passwd*: files ldap winbind
  group: files ldap winbind