[Samba] idmap backend = tdb2 is broken in Ubuntu / Debian

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Sat Jun 4 04:24:50 MDT 2011

Quoting Dave Lawrence (dave at daftdroid.com):

> The tdb2 backend for idmap is broken in Ubuntu and presumably debian.
>
> As reported here
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/789097
>
> Careful how you read it, the quoted patch is the source of the bug, NOT
> the fix.

Thanks for pointing this out (I actually missed the BR in LP, even
though I receive these bug reports).

Brynnen Owen mentioned this to us, recently, indeed.

The fix has been committed in the Debian package SVN. It will reach
Debian unstable, then Ubuntu, when we upload a new release.

Given that the fix is trivial but has important consequences for
anybody wanting to use the TDB2 backend, I'll ask for permission to
upload a fix in squeeze too.