[Samba] SMB + Active Directory And No Ability To Delete Files And Folders

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 06:49:55 MDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Jenkins, Mack
<mack.jenkins at eas.gatech.edu> wrote:
> The 3.5.8 release is not in the yum repo provided by RHEL6.  We are trying to stay within the RHEL yum repo if possible.  But at this point, if there is a repo that has a 3.5.8 release, I'd be more than happy to give it a try.

sernet.de is not publishing an RHEL 6 binary yet, unfortunately. You
could try rebuilding the 3.5.8 SRPM recently published with Fedora 15,
for testing purposes. Reset the "release" number to be 0.0 in your
rebuild, and you can help assure getting the new versions via update
when it's published by RHEL or another supported repo.

Guys over at sernete.de? Scientific Linux 6 is out and working well,
and scooping up clientele unhappy with the slow pace of CentOS
releases. It might be well worth using that to build an RHEL 6
compatible package. Let me know if you need a hand with that.