[Samba] Unable to change owner of the file through smbcacls

Katariya Rahul rahulrahulse at rediffmail.com
Thu Jun 2 05:48:43 MDT 2011

I am able to change owner from User1 to Administrator at Domain Controller/active-directory machine.

And after that from linux box, using smbcacls -C DOMAIN\\User1 ...... command I am able to change owner from Administrator --> User1.

But changing owner from User1 to Administrator using smbcacls is not working.

User1 is in Domain admins, Administrators , backup operators group  in active directory.

~rahul

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:11:13 , " Katariya Rahul " <rahulrahulse at rediffmail.com> wrote
Hi ,

I am unable to change owner to Administrator of the file through smbcacls command.

CIFS share is in french domain.

SMBACLS for the file are:

&nbsp;smbcacls -n //10.10.18.19/Rahulk\ test /test.txt -U es1kr\\èçæreg;ôû%èçæreg;ôû

REVISION:1

OWNER:ES1KR+èçæreg;ôû

GROUP:ES1KR+Utilisa. du domaine

ACL:+Tout le monde:DENIED/0/0x000d0116

ACL:ES1KR+èçæreg;ôû:ALLOWED/0/FULL

&nbsp;smbcacls&nbsp; -n //10.10.18.19/Rahulk\ test /test.txt -U es1kr\\Administrateur%QXXXXy

Failed to open \test.txt: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

&nbsp;smbcacls&nbsp; -C es1kr\Administrateur\%QXXXXy //10.10.180.169/Rahulk\ test /test.txt -U es1kr\\Administrateur%QXXXXy

Failed to open \test.txt: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Although Administrator is not user, it can take ownership at any time. But this is not happening.