[Samba] winbind - NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED ( & auth probs)....related?

Linda Walsh samba at tlinx.org
Fri Jul 29 04:50:46 MDT 2011

I'm seeing this for several lookups in winbind for items
that I have not explicitly added.  Should I add them?

  Could not find domain for
  Could not convert sid S-0-0: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED

  Could not find domain for sid S-1-1-0
  Could not convert sid S-1-1-0: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED

  Could not find domain for sid S-1-5-11
  Could not convert sid S-1-5-11: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED

  Could not find domain for sid S-1-5-2
  Could not convert sid S-1-5-2: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED

Also was seeing this for an XP machine (not seeing the messages
for the Win7 machine):

 winbindd_getpwnam: My domain -- rejecting getpwnam() for BLISS\athena$.

But machine athena was able to join the domain...so what
would such a message mean?

I'm able to access my server files normally from that machine
as 'me', but when I have a friend over, I set them up w/an
account for gaming, and they can't access the server...
(fortunately the game is on the local machine)...but
I made sure they have an account on the server,
they are listed in "wbinfo -u"  (as am I),

But no password works for validating them and they see no shares.

It's also the case that my 'root' user can't do any net rpc tasks
because the password comes up 'invalid'...
I've reset it with 'smbpasswd', but still net rpc user, (to list
users, won't let me because it claims I'm typing in an invalid
passwd..

So...is winbind needing something?