[Samba] How to detect active users

Aaron E. ssureshot at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 07:21:28 MDT 2011

clear the logs and monitor for a few days,, If there is not real
activity just shut down the service and see if anyone complains they
can't access something.. After a few days/weeks/months pull the server.

Might not be the perfect scenario but if smbstatus isn't displaying what
you need then this might make you feel better about it lol