[Samba] Ghost connections

mat.enders at gmail.com mat.enders at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 04:20:14 MDT 2011

All,

          Why do some connections to shares not die?  Sometimes when a user logs out of their account smbstatus shows them still connected to the shares. The connection will stay until samba is restarted. This was causing some problems on the shares with file locking. To work around the  problem about a month ago I put a cron job in that restarts the samba processes in the middle of the night but that does not solve the problem of the ghost users.