[Samba] Windows 7 client not mounting 'HOME' share.

Julien Celle julien.celle at sivalex.com
Tue Jul 26 10:59:26 MDT 2011

Le 26/07/2011 18:32, Dennis Dryden a écrit :
> Hi,
> What do your logon scripts look like?
>
> Dennis
>

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Julien Celle<julien.celle at sivalex.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running a samba server (3.5.6 on Debian Squeeze 64 bits) as a PDC with
>> Windows 7 64 bits clients.
>>
>> Workstations successfully registered with the PDC, users can login,
>> profiles are found and updated, network shares are all mounted during login
>> (logon script = %G.bat) except for the home directory of the user.
>>
>> Yet, if I try to manually add it to windows (net use Z: /HOME), it succeeds
>> without complaining.
>>
>> I don't really understand where the problem comes from. Anyone ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Julien.

Hi,

HOME share is 'homes' and path is '/home/%U'.
I tried it with '/home/%u', no difference.

I also have difficulties running scripts at startup: if I do not modify
the 'EnableLinkedConnections' registry setting to '1', scripts in
netlogon share are not run. In fact, If I only modify registry setting
as suggested in http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7, I can join the
domain, a user can login, but shares are not automatically mounted.

Manually calling the script in \\myserver\netlogon works.
Manually calling 'net use Z: /HOME' works.

Scripts are of the type %G.bat. Typical script is :

@echo off
net use Y: \\mypdc\theshare

They used to work perfectly with Windows XP clients.

Here is my smb.conf :

[global]
         dos charset = 850
         unix charset = UTF8
         display charset = UTF8

         workgroup = MYDOMAIN
         server string = %h server
         netbios name = mypdc

         interfaces = lo, eth0
         bind interfaces only = Yes

         domain logons = Yes
         os level = 20
         preferred master = Yes
         domain master = Yes
         local master = Yes
         security = user

         dns proxy = No

         wins support = Yes

         passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ldapserver.domain.local/

         client NTLMv2 auth = Yes

         #log level = 3
         #debug timestamp = yes
         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
         max log size = 1000

         name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast

         time server = Yes

         #socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_REUSEADDR
IPTOS_THROUGHPUT SO_RCVBUF=32768 SO_SNDBUF=32768
         socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=32768 SO_SNDBUF=32768
         #socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_REUSEADDR
IPTOS_THROUGHPUT SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192

         case sensitive = auto
         default case = lower
         preserve case = yes
         short preserve case = yes

         ldap ssl = start tls
         ldap passwd sync = Yes
         ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=local
         ldap delete dn = Yes
         ldap user suffix = ou=Users
         ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
         ldap idmap suffix = ou=Users
         ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
         ldap suffix = dc=sivalex,dc=local

         add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
         delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
         add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
         delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
         add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
         delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x
"%u" "%g"
         set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
         add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"

         logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
         logon drive = Z:
         logon home = \\%L\homes\%U
         logon script = "%G".bat