[Samba] Can't rename win7 machine in samba domain

Vytautas Kasparavicius vytask at freemail.lt
Mon Jul 25 01:41:42 MDT 2011

Hello,
Samba 3.5.8-68 on F15 64bit with all latest updates.
Part of smb.conf file:

    set primary group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -g %g %u
    add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g 100 %u
    add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
    add user to group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -a %u %g
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /var/lib/nobody -g 100 -s
/bin/false -M %u
    delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %u -r
    delete user from group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -d %u %g
    delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
    rename user script = /usr/sbin/usermod --login='%unew' '%uold'

I can rename WinXP machines in domain without any problem, but if I try
to rename Win7 machine in domain I getting error

"The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"