[Samba] Integrate Samba with Active Directory

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sun Jul 24 17:21:03 MDT 2011

From: "Bruno Martins - GALILEU LISBOA" <bmartins at galileu.pt>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 16:05:48 +0100

> I have set up everything regarding to CUPS and Samba itself, but I'm not
> being able to integrate my shares with Active Directory.

What do you mean "integrate" ?

Have you successfully joined to the Active Directory?

If not, have you correctly set /etc/hosts (or other facility) to
resolve your netbios name, sputnik and FQDN during joining to the AD?

And try to remove "auth methods" line, "auth methods" is automatically
set according to "security" and "encrypt passwords" parameter. You
should not change this.

And "guest ok" line is not functioned because of a lack of "map to
guest" parameter.

> All I want is that access control to Samba shares is made through Active
> Directory users and their respective passwords, and not through
> Unix-style users and groups. Is this possible?

Basically yes with using Winbind.

From: Jonathan Buzzard <jonathan at buzzard.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:11:25 +0100

> A quick looks shows a lack of an idmap setup in the smb.conf.

There are both "idmap uid" and "idmap gid" line, so minimum
configuration is done.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>