[Samba] Integrating samba with existing AD

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sun Jul 24 17:06:16 MDT 2011

From: "Thibaut POUZET" <thibaut.pouzet at lyra-network.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:44:34 +0200

(snip)

> # smbclient -L localhost -U Thibaut
>
> Password:
>
> Domain=[WORK] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.33-3.29.el5_6.2]
>

>         Sharename       Type      Comment
>
>         ---------       ----      -------
>
>         IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Server blabla)
>
>         thibaut         Disk      Home Directories
>
> . and that's all. The windows clients can connect and see some shares (I
> guess thank's to passthru), for instance I can see my home folder and the
> printers folders, but not the others as with smbclient.

Because in your smb.conf "browseable = no" is specified as:

---
[Foo]
        comment = foo
        path=/srv/smb/Foo
;       valid users = %S
        writeable = yes
        read only = no
        create mask = 0660
        directory mask = 0770
        browseable = no
        guest ok = no
---

>  Furthermore, Even if
> I can see the roots folders, I cannot parse them : I am prompted a
> login+password form when I try to enter the "Thibaut" folder, for instance.
> I think I am connected as a guest user, but I am not sure of that.

Can you access without "valid users" line?

If you enabled "valid users = %S" in "Foo" share, of course you
(except user "Foo") can not access the share.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>