[Samba] unix fifo inaccessible via samba share

Charles Redditt redcharlie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 10:15:05 MDT 2011

It works with 3.5.9!
thanx!

I downloaded the 3.5.9 tarball, compiled and installed as per instructions
in the included howto html docs.  But it installed in /usr/local/samba/,
whereas the default CentOS 6 install (3.5.4) is still in /usr/sbin/smbd.

So, it works, but I have to start it manually, so that it's running the
right version and knows where to find the config file.   Is there any way I
can get it to install in the RHEL/CentOS set of paths?

thx
-chalire

--
Thanks for using the Albert Gore Jr. Information Superhighway.  Please post
responsibly.  Happy Cerf-ing!