[Samba] Integrating samba with existing AD

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Wed Jul 20 04:25:39 MDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 10:44 +0200, Thibaut POUZET wrote:

> The software involved :
>
> Server Linux CentOS 5.6
>
> Windows 2003 Serveur R2 with working AD and another DNS server working just
> fine.
>
> # rpm -qa | grep samba
>
> samba-3.0.33-3.29.el5_6.2
>
> samba-common-3.0.33-3.29.el5_6.2
>
> samba-client-3.0.33-3.29.el5_6.2

Stop right there remove the samba packages and install the samba3x
packages. Then take a look at my previous post made yesterday.

[SNIP]

> So where am I going wrong ? L

You are persisting on using a woefully out of date version of Samba when
your distribution comes with a much more recent prepackaged version. Why
anyone would want to use the plain samba packages in RHEL/CentOS when
trying to intergrate to the AD is utterly beyond me.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.